Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My Week So Far

I have begun the process of making Dad's house my own. There is a long road to travel here and I'm not sure how deeply I want to get into that process. As I begin to explore the possibilities of what is here, I find myself pulled into the luxuries available.

I started yesterday by moving into the master bedroom. I put my stuff into the walk in closet and my undergarments in the dresser. I cleaned the master bathroom from top to bottom and removed what remained of the stuff my Dad would not let me throw away. It is not an ordinary bathroom. It's big. I put a new shower massage unit up in the shower and I also set about polishing up the Jacuzzi bathtub which had fallen into disuse. In the 5+ years that I have been here, I have never used it. It never occurred to me. It was Dad's bathroom. Why would I use his bathroom when I had my own? I also discovered heat lamps in the ceiling that I had never noticed before.

I think Mom and Dad quit using the tub because it may have been be a bit tough getting in and out.

Anyway...

By the time I was done moving and cleaning, I was quite tired, so I prepared a simple meal. I had chicken and brown rice. It was delightful and easy to make. I prepared the rice as recommended, except I used chicken broth instead of water with some roasted garlic powder. I also added a box of fresh sliced mushrooms. Toward the end of the cooking time, I added a handful of frozen peas and carrots for color and taste. Once cooked, I added a drained can of chunk chicken and mixed it in with the rice and vegetables. I drizzled all that with a bit of olive oil and gave it another stir.

Man, was that good.

I washed it all down with some white wine and then you know what I did?

I filled the Jacuzzi tub with water and took a hot bath.

That tub is incredible. It's big. Big enough for two men...please don't give me any ideas...



Then I hit the controls and the water began to move and move vigorously. Oh sweet mystery of life at last I've found you...who needs a man.? I began to float in the water. It was like I was being rubbed the right way over every inch of my body. The world disappeared. My aches and pains disappeared. I thought I was on the way to paradise. I can see how people drown in these things. It's easy to nod off and slide under water. I love this thing. If the Pool of Bethesda was better, it's no wonder people were healed.

I am getting sucked into this leisure that I always disdained. I am no longer a proletarian.

Lance, peel me some grapes. I'm off to the bath.

1 comment:

  1. Your home is beautiful, Jeff. Glad you are enjoying it. You sound like a very good and creative cook too. Tonight I am making Cornish hens; thanks for the idea! I'm doing them in the crockpot. Have a great day!
    Your friend, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Be Gentle.