Monday, January 2, 2017

Jalapeno Bacon

I had the Jalapeno Bacon from Petty Brothers today. I prepared it on the George Foreman as I did the last batch of peppered bacon. It had most of the same characteristics as the peppered with one difference. The heat was incredible. One might expect this from bacon that had been cured with Jalapeno., but it was hot. The heat was not intolerable. I might even go so far as to say that it was just right...except...the heat kind of interfered with the actual flavor of the bacon. I could not taste bacon. What I tasted was very hot and chewy, but I had no clue it was bacon.

They should probably dial it back a bit so that all the flavors come through. This is not so much criticism as it is advice. I am sure that Petty Brothers have customers that love it just the way it is, but I would like to taste the bacon too. That's my opinion. It is some spicy bacon. Even  with the heat, I still ate the whole pound. I'm tellin ya, hogs are not safe around me. I love me some bacon. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.