Friday, January 27, 2017

Laurie's Roosters

Mom liked roosters. Not sure why. She used to tell a story about when she was a little girl and she was attacked by a rooster on the farm. She might have been teasing it. I'm told she could be ornery as a child. Her siblings could probably tell you more about that.

What I've noticed since becoming Lord Presumptive of the Manor is that my Mom collected things. There seem to be roosters scattered all over the house. Not the live kind of course. These are ceramic, metal or wood and one is particularly menacing. I would like to call it Mom's Big Cock Collection, but that might be taken in the wrong way, so let's just call it Mom's Rooster Collection. Here are a few below. Notice the lamp on the far right...yes, it's a rooster. Mom also has a miniature shoe collection that she inherited from her mother. I'm not sure if it has any collectible value, but it's funny in an odd sort of way and it always makes me think of Grandma. But Mom liked her roosters. Here are just a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.