Friday, September 9, 2016

What's Going On?

Life can be boring. Boring is the absence of tragedy. Therefore, boring can be good. I'm not sure why we need constant stimulation and entertainment anyway. Time for personal reflection and thought and prayer should be taken so that we do not become shallow. The result of such activity can also make things less boring and more interesting. I'm not sure I would classify it as entertaining, but really, that's just distraction anyway.

My current life is not boring. I would not say it is interesting either in the general sense. I have stuff to do. Sometime last week the the air handler for the air conditioning unit at my Dad's house clogged up. It air handler helps pull moisture out of the air in the house. It then sends that moisture, in the form of water, down a tube to the outside. That tube clogged up, the water backed up in the air handler and leaked all over the ceiling in the garage. Last Saturday a large chunk of drywall (which became wetwall) came crashing down on Dad's Highlander along with a large volume of insulation fluff. It was a white, chalky, pasty mess . This was my first clue since I never look at the ceiling in the garage.

We got the air handler unclogged and it is now draining properly. That was relatively inexpensive. I have to get the insurance company out to the house to look at the rest of it. I hope they will pay for the removal of the damaged ceiling and installation of the new ceiling. We will see.

I've been training someone at work. She is coming along nicely. I think that in a couple of months, she will be up to speed. Her data entry skills improve daily. She is an interesting person. She lived in Las Vegas for awhile and has some good stories. She also likes to do karaoke. I should go see her perform sometime.

Tomorrow night I have to do some quality time with the Angels. You probably know who they are if you go to my church. You just did not know I called them that. They are a trio of young(ish) women that keep me out of trouble and sometimes entertained. An old man needs that. David had the Shunammite woman. I have the Angels; AKA, the angelic presence or angelic host. They are my good Christian friends. I love them.

I came home last night and Dad was parked on my side of the garage. I am not sure what was up with that and I did not ask. As long as he does not park in the middle, we should be good. I don't care. He is going to get his hair cut today. I hope he gets it done this time. He does not like to wait. If there's waiting time, he will leave. I'm not sure why he can't wait. He has nothing else to do. He is a mystery to me sometimes.

I am looking forward to another class session on Sunday. I just love doing that and I'm beginning to wish I had volunteered for a 1030 class too. I may do that next quarter if they let me. We should have more people this Sunday. The should be back from their Labor Day holidays.

Time to think about going to work. I'm kind of hungry. I may eat first. Later.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.