Friday, September 16, 2016

Snipets

I was scrolling through Relevant Magazine's website. There was an interview with a Franciscan Friar about the mysticism of prayer. It is a good write up that I enjoyed. Francis of Assisi has always been my hero. He dug his spurs into the sides of a corrupt Church and made a big difference. He was reforming before there were Protestants to do it. But I digress.

Fr. Richard Rohr makes an interesting statement, "Jesus did not come to change the mind of God about humanity, it didn’t need changing. Jesus came to change the mind of humanity about God."

So true. 

There was another article called "Who Are the Lost", Which makes the interesting point that 'the lost' are not those damned to hell. "Being lost doesn’t mean you need to go out and find God; it means God is coming to find you." I really like this. The writer uses the parables of Jesus found in Luke 15 as the backdrop for his thesis. His logic is compelling. I would urge you to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.