Monday, September 12, 2016

Saturday

I was hoping to have a few pics of the event by now, but I had a wonderful time on Saturday night. Some friends of mine (three of Jeffery's Angels and two that could be granted that status) gathered and we had an early birthday celebration for... for...wait for it...me. I guess they thought I might not make it to 9/18 so we did it a week early. I'm kidding. The prognosis is good. I should be available for birthday congratulation on 9/18. Even so, I know that anything can happen.

We dined on rib-eye, twice baked potato, cheesecake and other items. My favorite IPA was available and I did partake. As it was my birthday, I had three of them and one other beverage that was some kind of hybrid margarita in a can. It was good. I may have to make a purchase. I spaced out my consumption of these beverages throughout the evening. I do not believe I was intoxicated. There was, however, a law enforcement officer present, that was concerned. If your are reading, I was fine.
 
We watched the Iowa vs Iowa State game. It was really not a fair match up. ISU was outmatched. Their youth and inexperience worked against them. I am not much of a football fan myself, but these 5 women were rabid. My friends, 2 of whom are normally very quiet, became quite boisterous. That was the best part of the evening for me; watching them.

Gifts were not expected, but they were received with great joy. I got a Caribou gift card, an effigy of my past incarnation in the blog previous to this one and balloons. Did I mention beer?  The best thing I got, though, was joy and love. I had a good time. I got encouragement. I got instruction. I got concern and good conversation. There was also a wide variety of personal opinion available which I always appreciate.    

The best and most direct advice I received that evening came from the police officer. It was regarding my life and how I should deal with it. She said, "you have to embrace the suckage." That advice is appropriate on many levels. I'm still laughing. Very sage and direct, but also humorous. This is how I like my wisdom.  

Being old might be fun for awhile. Let's see what develops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.