Monday, December 5, 2016

Stress

It's odd how stress amplifies things. My SSA has been ratcheted up by all the events.

You would think that despite all the distractions, I would be able to focus, but for some reason...I don't know.

I need more sleep too..I am way too wired. I wake up every two hours at night. When I am home, I keep forgetting my patient is not there. I am accustomed to listening for trouble. Now there is no noise at all except for the dog. Oliver misses his daddy. Every time he goes outside, he looks for him.

I had a crying jag this morning. Leaving the dog home alone and moving Dad to Parkridge is eating away at me. It makes me sad. There's some guilt. And there is recognition of the fact that another chapter in my adventure and Dad's adventure is coming to a close.

It is what it is. Someone needs to watch me. I am not prone to irrational behavior, but I'm feeling kind of twitchy.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you, Jeff! Praying for strength, for peace, for wisdom & discernment. Put your armor on, stand firm and know, without a doubt, that you are deeply loved and valued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane. Busyness is my armor. I don't have time right now for foolishness. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Be Gentle.