Monday, December 5, 2016

In The Chair. Update

Update...Dad is moving to Parkridge this afternoon at 2 PM
-----------

Dad got up in the chair for the first time yesterday and he is back in it again this morning. He did not like  biscuits and gravy today, so he ate a banana and orange juice. He said the coffee was bad too. I didn't mind it, but then I like Espresso.

His mind is another issue. He asked me how my wife was doing. This is funny in so many ways. He says cute things like that quite a bit now. Somewhat nonsensical, but entertaining at the same time. Right now he's rearranging the items on his meal table. Last night while he was trying to eat, I noticed he needed a new napkin. I told him I was going to get one. He told me to stop by the Dairy and get a case. He was also explaining to a visitor how they put everything in plastic bags now. Not sure what that was about, but his explanation of the process was very thorough.

His physical condition is better than it was, but not good. He is stronger, but not strong enough. The edema in his right leg is much better, but there is still some 'weeping'. His incision seems to be healing well. His arms are black and blue in various places from IV punctures and blood draws.

I have not heard when the move to skilled care is coming. I will have to ask. I am going to be going back to work this week in the evenings, so I hope they are planning on a morning transfer. I do not want to be running around at the last minute trying to get all his stuff together. It would be nice to be able to plan.

That's all I've got right now. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.