Sunday, August 6, 2017

Smallmouth Bass

You know what makes an old man happy? No, not that, you silly rabbit. Smallmouth bass make an old man happy. Well, at least, it makes this old man happy. I think I've found a place where I can get smallmouth with great regularity. They are so much fun. Pound for pound, they outfight largemouth and the fight is also a sight. First they dive to the bottom and it's tough to get them off. And when they see that it's no use, they come flying out of the water and do this tail dance that is to die for. I just love them. I love them so much, I let them go after I catch them. Bass in general taste kind of bad anyway, so why not let them go? Besides, I would like the opportunity to catch them again.

I caught one last Friday and another today. I have pics below. The one today was particularly crabby and he put on quite the show for me. He was about 16 inches long and about 2 lb, which ain't bad for SB's in this neck of the woods.

Friday's fish

Today's fish. Very nice compared to my size 12 shoe.

I'm going back tomorrow morning. I hope to make a fishing report with pics. We will see. If you would like to kiss my bass, you can come along. Little joke there. I am so funny! See ya down at the river. Happy bassin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.