Saturday, August 26, 2017

Yellow Jackets

You see this little bastard? Him and about 5 of his buddies stung me up real good (9 times) on Wednesday. I still have welts and itching. Hot baths with baking soda and aloe vera gel help, but I have also been advised to take an antihistamine and I may go get some before dinner tonight. Here is an example of what they do to you.

I have one just like that on my back. I have two welts on the underside of my right upper arm, three on the underside of my left, two on my left elbow and one on the inside of my left leg that came awfully close to little Jeffery and the twins if you know what I mean.

They apparently build their nests in the ground. I was pulling weeds in a raised garden plot when I discovered their presence via the sting to the back. And yes, they went right through some fairly heavy clothing. I was not standing still after the first sting. I ran, but to know avail.

The sting is like being stuck with a pin that you can't pull out. That feeling lasts for some time as the welt forms and reddens. The pin stuck sensation has dissipated now to a severe itch that topical treatment only helps for a short time. It's maddening. The other thing that happened immediately after the event was a severe headache. I suppose it was the effects of all the venom entering my body at one time. The little effers poisoned me.

Anyway, after treating my wounds, I grabbed a can of wasp spray in the garage, returned to the sight of the crime and sprayed down their little waspy asses. They are now in wasp hell I hope. I am also now a proud owner of a yellow jacket trap. I would like to send more of them to their eternal, infernal reward.

Done whining now. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.