Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I Dreamed A Dream

I don't remember much of it, at least not the details, but the images were vivid. I have NEVER dreamed about my Dad before. Not once in my entire life. But last night he was in my head as I slept and I don't know why. He had come back to the house. He was dirty. His face had what appeared to be mud on one side. His clothes were torn. I remember looking at him in the dream and telling him that he was supposed to be dead as I hugged him. I remember thinking, 'how will I explain this to everyone?'.

And the rest of the dream was spent with me trying to avoid him as he cleaned up, put on clean clothes and prepared to leave again. I have no idea where he had been or where he was going, but it was like he had been to hell and back and was now preparing for a new destination.

I do not know that this means anything. I did have a hot sausage sandwich last night, which may have prompted the dreaming. Whatever caused the 'Dad' dream, it stuck in my head until this morning. I might also add that I felt very rested and refreshed when I woke.

Maybe he is finally gone, at least in my mind. I feel as though a great weight has been lifted from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.