Monday, October 2, 2017

EOM Fishing

I had a really good finish to a month of good fishing last week. It lead me to ponder why it is that I never seem to catch as many fish or even bigger fish when I go fishing with others. I think I have the answer and it's incredibly stupid.

I cannot fish and talk at the same time. The quality of both my fishing skills and my discussion skills drops when I try to do the two things at once. More correctly, I become more interested in the conversation than I am in the fishing.

For many people, fishing is a social thing. I get that. I have enjoyed that on many occasions. For me though, there is nothing like getting out stream side by yourself and figuring out what it will take to pull quality fish. It is a challenge, a puzzle, that completely distracts my mind from everything else when I am by myself. And, right now, I need distractions from toxic thinking. The Lord has provided. See below.
Another factor in my fishing proficiency seems to be location. I do best when fishing streams and rivers. I am not sure why this is. I like working a stream bank or even being in the stream while fishing. Boats are nice, but trying to control the boat and fish at the same time is difficult. Again, it's that principle of trying to do two things at once successfully. I have never really mastered that art. I think I will pick up some new tackle today and go back out this afternoon. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.