Thursday, July 13, 2017

Tacos and Lust


I have been lusting after some tacos from a local vendor for a few days now. I'm pretty sure they are not good for me, but I am obsessed. I cannot stop thinking about them. The crunchy deliciousness of the shell, the crispy lettuce, the sharpness of the cheese all dripping with hot sauce when I bite into it. Gastronomical delight. When I look at pictures of tacos it gets worse. Watching a video of someone making tacos is pure torture. Driving by the taco stand is completely unfulfilling. Worse yet, if I substitute other foods to kill my taco desires, I am left completely unsatisfied.

So I have to ask, would I lust for tacos if I made them a part of my regular diet; if I married them into my meal plans? Would I be better off giving into the desire to prevent the lust? Does resistance to eating them breed more lust and desire? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.