Wednesday, May 31, 2017

30 Days of Retirement - An Assessment

I have to say that I feel like I am on an extended vacation. There is nothing and no one pushing me to get things done. I am getting things done, but at my own pace. I also seem to lack focus, discipline and a plan. I am sp0ntaneous in many ways. Odd that. Spontaneity has never been one of my traits.

I put three weeks into growing a goatee. What a marvelous waste of time. I shaved it this morning. I concluded that it looked awful, felt like there was always a Brillo pad on my face, added 10 years to my appearance and that maybe I should be in line for soup at the local shelter. I'm not ready for the shelter yet. I still have some money to burn through.

I need to get some more exercise, lose some weight and put some discipline back in my day. Sitting at the front window and watching the wildlife is fascinating. Sitting and reading is fun. Going fishing makes for good adventure. I just think I need a schedule and I need to stick to it.

Procrastination is always in my way, but I suppose it will happen soon enough. Most men have a wife or partner that will push them and help them organize their time.

I don't. I am so blessed.

What shall I do now?

Lake Aquabi is calling me. Yes, I know the weeds will not pull themselves out of the garden, but the bass will not catch themselves either. Someone has to do it. Decisions, decisions.

Where are my truck keys?

Talk at you later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.