Thursday, May 18, 2017

Where Have I Been???

Good question! I seem to lack any organized schedule. I have been doing stuff though. On Saturday I mowed. On Sunday afternoon I thinned out the lilacs with my new chain saw. I went fishing most of the week, though in different locations.  Among them were the Middle Raccoon River at Panora, Big Creek State Park, Thomas Mitchell County Park and the Big Creek spillway where it empties into Saylorville Reservoir. I have nothing major to report in terms of catches, but I did catch fish everywhere I went. I like my day trips.

The Lenon Mill Dam on the Middle Raccoon in Panora is a favorite place for small mouth bass. I did catch some, but they were small. I also caught a small walleye that day. Here's a picture of the dam. It is such a peaceful place. The sound of the water lowers my blood pressure. You can't beat spring in Iowa.
 The Big Creek spillway is an interesting place too. I caught large mouth bass and several wiper there. If you are wondering what  wiper is, picture a cross between a white bass and a striped bass (ocean fish). You can tell them by their broken stripes.
Big Creek Spillway as it enters Saylorville Lake


"Wiper"
I have also been watching the flora and fauna here at the compound. I got some pics of my owl in the front yard yesterday after the storms..I lost a tree to the storm by the way. I also captured another raccoon, so my life is full of excitement.
In The Tree Off the East Deck
Rocky Arrives At Yellow Banks Just Prior to Release

On the Ground in the Front Yard...Robin is Watching
The perennials have been popping here at the compound too. The flowers are amazing right now. 

I am not bored yet. Maybe someday soon I will return to bitching about things, but really...I'm just too relaxed right now to care. Maybe I just need someone to piss me off...or maybe none of that other stuff matters to me anymore... Is that possible? Too soon to tell. I .know that everything I reported today makes me very happy. God is getting me ready to move topside. Gotta get ready

Later....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.