Monday, May 29, 2017

Sunday Was Good

I know I moaned about the quality of the church service last week and so it's only right that I 'High 5' them when they get it right. Yes, I know this is all just my opinion and it's probably good for some on any given Sunday; perhaps everyone. I was feeling kind of sparky yesterday too. Maybe that enters the equation here. Whatever.

We have a new worship leader on staff at church - an intern from a nearby Christian college. He is more than capable, very talented and most important, unjaded by past experience. Very refresing personality too. It's like he was born to lead worship teams or something. Again, whatever.

The Rev Insert Name Here brought the sermon along with one of the young people he shepherds. The sermon itself could have used some more polish, but bringing in one of the recent graduates to help with the sermon was an excellent idea. Leadership training cannot start too early.

1030 Sunday school was informative, interesting and idealogical. It was finally settled that women could do most anything in terms of ministry in the church that they were asked to do with some exceptions. They cannot serve in the eldership or be lead pastors - ever. They can team teach adults with men in the class as long as the other member of the team is male.

I'm not sure I agree with all of that, but at least we finally settled something in class and there is a position on it that appears to be church policy. It's alway nice to know the rules and not hear someone make them up on the spot.

Considering that it was a holiday weekend, there was a good crowd at church. Next week we will be having church outdoors. I have to remember to throw a lawn chair in the back of the truck. I hope someone will remind me.

Yesterday afternoon I was outside pruning the pear trees, a cherry tree an apple tree and a peach tree. There seemed to be a lot of dead wood in them. I hope they aren't dying. I guess fruit trees do have shorter life spans than other trees. Anyway, I must have gotten into some poison ivy or sumac. This morning I had a patch of rash on my lower left leg. Strangely, it does not itch. I'm wondering if it's not something else. I did spray an ant colony that had set up houskeeping in the control unit of the sprinkler system. I don't think I hit my leg with the spray, but you never know.

There are many hazards here at the compound and I have been spending much more time outdoors since retirement, so I am much mor likely to encounter the hazards.

Speaking of hazards, there is a lawn mower waiting for me, so I better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.