Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Answer Is No

I had an intuition tonight and it's been getting stronger and stronger, so I need to put it to rest. I will be glad to find out I am wrong about this, but I cannot get away from the way it has come together in my head.

So... you know who you are and the answer is no.

I do not need or want a roommate.

In 1981 I started out adult life living alone. I got used to it. I liked it and then that was suddenly interrupted in 2011. I lived with my Dad for 5 years and 8 months. I had to do it. There was no choice. He could not live alone. He needed me.

That is not the case any longer. My life has returned to it's natural state and I aim to keep it that way. It is so good to have a place where I can hide again, shut away from the world, shut away from responsibility and to be alone with my own thoughts.

For what it's worth, you need to know that I had roommates in college and it never worked. One of us always had to move.

Friends, I am impossible to live with. I do what I want when I want to, I am bossy, I am sarcastic and snotty and mean and I seem to enjoy it, especially when it's all at the expense of another; innocent and kind though they may be. I am a bad example and bad company.

I am good with someone one on one for about four hours and then I want whoever it is to go home or to go home myself. I could not deal with someone being in my home all the time, bringing their friends and 'business associates' over at all hours of the day and night, tearing up the furniture and and and...  

You also need to know that I do not need a house sitter. I am not going anywhere for any length of time for at least two years. There is much to do here in terms of repairs and yard work and such. I do not need someone under foot, even if they are paying rent.

And speaking of that, if you need help putting this person up in an apartment, I may be able to help that. I am much better at writing checks than being tolerant of the presence of others.

So, again, the answer is no, no, no. Are we clear??? Good. I love you. Now go away.


Update: I cannot rent my condo either. There are HOA regs that will not allow that at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.