Monday, April 10, 2017

The Easter Bunny Is Dead

Something beheaded and gutted a rabbit in my front yard last night. I found the carcass this morning on my freshly mowed and formerly beautiful lawn. It was carnage of the worst sort. Fluffy fur all over the place. I thought about including a picture here, but then I thought it better not too.


It occurred to me at first that it was my 'friend', the Owl, that committed this bloody atrocity, and it could have been. It just seemed like the rabbit's head was too neatly removed for that to be the case. Even so, I suppose she could have taken the head back to the nest for her babies to nibble on. Or perhaps the rabbit was an infidel and the Owl is from ISIS.  Whatever happened, the head was missing, gone, not to be found. It all seemed very odd that the head would be missing while the meat on the carcass was left to dry in the morning sun. Whatever it was might have been trying to make rabbit jerky I suppose.


Then there is always the possibility that one of my neighbors is a Satanist and this was some sort of sacrifice and warning to get me to move away. I am always looking for a good conspiracy. Perhaps they are in league with the Owl to get me to sell out and move on.


I ain't goin. So let the carnage continue. And if I see that owl within shooting distance, I'm gonna show her the business end of my 410. I will endanger her ass. I know she and her family have to eat, but they need to clean up their mess. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.