Sunday, April 16, 2017

Resurrection Sunday

Jesus Christ Lives. There is no doubt in my mind about it. He is my Lord, my Savior and my friend. Even though I have never met Him in person, I seem to miss Him. It's a feeling that is all to appropriate for someone that is almost 60 years old. I will see Him soon enough, maybe sooner than I think. I want that. I want to bend the knee and offer thanks. I think I may also have some questions. But maybe they won't matter when I meet Him in Glory.

This is the time of year when God brings life from death. I have had a season of that, the winter of my discontent as it were. I am ready for new life. I see it all around me. The fruit trees and flowering trees are blooming; . The lawns are turning green and lush. Everything is beginning to surge with new life and a new season when those things that were dead live again.

I feel it too in my 60 year old body. I feel renewal. There is an adventure coming and I think it might be here. I may be enjoying Paradise before I actually go there. Jesus said that in the world we would have trouble. I say bring it. I'm feeling so full of Him today. I think I could handle anything.

I went to church today and while it was a bit long, it was good. I had Easter lunch at my cousin Alison's. Everything was delicious. I saw the new generation enjoying themselves with the old and I had hope. The Church on earth has new servants at the ready to replace us when we go. Their life will be different than ours as will be their challenges. They will enter the age when humans and machines begin to merge. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. Where will the Church stand on enhancing the brain and body with microchips and circuits that allow for direct connection to all knowledge and extend life expectantcies?

I also find myself wondering how I will depart this earth. Retirement is now 2 weeks off. This is in some ways the beginning of the end. But it's also, the beginning of the beginning. Eternity will be glorious. And since it lasts forever, procrastination should not be a problem,

But what about now? What do I do now?  Well, I've been cleaning out the gardens and mowing the lawn. But what else? Many have been concerned about this, trying to find me new things to do, new things to help with. My thought is that the Lord will provide. If He wants me to do a particular thing now that I am leaving the working world, I am sure He will show it to me. I think I will know what it is when I see it too. We will see. The adventure is just beginning. Thanks to those who were concerned and were trying to help.

My immediate concern is to make Mom.and Dad's place bloom again and to make repairs to the house that are needed. I find I like it here and I want to live here. I may be tired of it by the time I am done. That remains to be seen. But it is a quiet and restful place where I can work to subdue the earth and then relax with a beer under a shade tree on a deck. It will prepare me for heaven...Yes it will.

I like my burrow. I like having my alone time again. It is good to return to hermitage. Strangely, I do not feel alone. He is with me. My fellow citizens in the kingdom keep me from isolation. All is good. It seems to be ending well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.