Sunday, February 12, 2017

It's A New Week...What Else Can Happen? I Shouldn't Ask...

Today was good. I presented an enjoyable, but short, lesson to my Sunday school class. The church service was excellent. Two people got saved today. Arlus Curry made me an apple pie (which is delicious) and I had lunch with the Angels.

We went to a sports bar at Adventure Land Inn. I think it was called Spectator's or something like that. I had a pizza. The Angels had various sandwiches. I also had a few Tequila Sunrises. I'm trying to chase away a cold...or maybe it's a sinus infection. I think it helped. I did get a bit smiley faced and the waiters turned into a bit of a distraction, but the Angels quelled my prurient interests by threatening to turn me into a newt. In other words, we had a wonderful time.

I went home after, changed clothes and took a two hour nap. It was the sleep of the dead. When I woke, by sinus headache was gone and my clogged sinus was draining through my tear ducts. It was weird, but it was apparently the problem. I had been having neck issues too and that was much better when I woke.

To ensure continued comfort, after my nap, I filled the Jacuzzi tub with the hottest water I could stand and then I parboiled for about an hour. Now I feel all loose and way too relaxed. The snot is still flowing, but all the aches and pains are gone. I seem to be on the road to recovery. It's a good thing too. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Just a bit longer now and I will be out. I can do it. Then I can say, "free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last."

I still have much to do regarding Dad's estate. I have to get name changes on the cars. boats, house title and insurance. The there's last year's taxes for both Dad and me. So much to do. So little time.

Many people seem to have a concern that I am spending too much time alone. They seem to forget how busy I have been. There is also the fact that solitude is my favorite place. I don't like it all the time, but it was something that has been totally lacking in my life for the past 5 years and 8 months.
My friends also seem to forget how I lived prior to becoming Dad's caretaker. I was a hermit. For some reason, no one seemed to care back then. What's up with that?

And there are some of you out there that just cannot stand to be alone. You always have to be interacting with someone or intervening in someone's life. Thanks for that. It's OK. Just call first if you want to intervene in my life. I need time to escape :^)

So where from here?...I'm not sure. I am Dadless and dogless and I do not have a plan.

God, Please no more excitement. Let's do something quiet that other folks won't notice, but is helpful nonetheless. Please show me. You will probably have to clobber me with it, because, as You know Lord, sometimes I can't see the garden because of all the vegetation. Lord I love you. I don't always understand you, but I do love you. Also, if you want to do me a big favor, please make my cold / sinus infection go away. When you were here, I know you used to like to heal people. I'm up for that. You know I don't do 'sick' well. I always think I'm going to die and we have had enough of that for awhile...right? I hope so. And one more thing. Please make your owl go away. I really think he's evil.

Thanks Much. In Your Name I pray...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.