Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving

Well, it's Thanksgiving Day again. I have much to be thankful for, though I try not to reserve my thanks to one day a year. The One who made me is faithful to see to my needs and make my life work. There is something of a miracle there. You have no idea.

Anyway, I just want to tell family, friends and fellow Christ followers how much I love you. Without y'all in my life, much would be missing and the material things would seem useless.

To the Angels, Rhonda, Karla, Billie and, yes Brenda and Patty too, thanks so much for taking the time. I know I am an acquired taste. Thanks so much for coming along side me in my walk. We are an interesting and eclectic group.

To Eric Lang who was the first Christian brother to share my burden, Thanks so much for your efforts and continuing friendship. You are a very patient man. The love of Christ flows from your fingertips. Sometimes it's a bit snippy, but I both need and appreciate that. I love you man! Have you forgotten about the day I told you? I was house sitting for the parents. I invited you over. We sat on the deck and I told you I was gay. As I recall, you laughed at me. Your reaction was great...really it was. From my point of view, it could have been way worse. Even so, you continued to be my friend. Your continued love and support gave me the encouragement I needed to trust others with the information. And eventually I did. In many ways, you became my first accountability partner. Thanks for the Love Buddy!

Remind me to put you in the will....

To family on both sides, let me just say I love you and thanks so much for letting me continue to be your nephew or cousin.

To my church...I love you all too. Thanks for letting me teach for 17 years. It helps fill the hole in my soul and it keeps me in the Word. I also love the exchange of knowledge and the mutual celebration of our salvation. We are truly new creations. We are no longer what we once were. We have been empowered to fight back by the One that shares His Spirit with us. Victory is ours and time is on our side. Nothing can separate us from His love.

I hope you all have a good day. If you're with family, steer clear of politics and focus on the end game. We have a glorious future ahead and it will last forever.

To Him Who Loves And Saves us be the glory, honor and power! Maranatha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.