Thursday, November 1, 2018

Is It Art? Part 3

You may recall my last two art purchases. They were not your ordinary works. They provoked in me some kind of emotion or other, but what I particularly like is art that makes me laugh, and usually in an ironic way. I'm just so bored with the whole landscape, hotel room approach to decorating my living room. I need to interject some oddness that, in some ways, reflects my inner turmoil. Let's face it, I am odd for a number of reasons. The work below expresses some of my oddness, how I have felt from time to time. And it makes me laugh..it is so freaking funny. But I know some will look at this and be repulsed. To you I say, get over yourself and move along. If you want milquetoast art, visit a Holiday Inn. I'm sure they will have just what you want.

So...Is it art? You decide. I like it. I look at it and laugh. It makes me happy in a very ironic way. It was created by Eugene Heffron. He writes for Your Other Brothers at https://www.yourotherbrothers.com/ .
He created this work to go with a blog post that can be found at https://www.yourotherbrothers.com/2018/08/21/side-b-friendships-hard/ .

And now I would like to present to you...Bro White...it's OK to laugh...really it is.


It's currently at the framer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Gentle.